14th September 2023
If you are thinking of selling your house, it pays to take steps to enhance buyer appeal by taking time to make some strategic improvements. By doing so, as a homeowner, you may realise a better price and be more competitive in the marketplace.
Get yourself on the right footing starting with making space for yourself. The simplest and easiest way to do this is by clearing out all your possessions that you are not using and believe don’t add to the appeal of the house.
Packing them up for a short period and putting them into a self storage rental is the most obvious and convenient way to make space for your home staging.
Real estate agents know best when it comes to the preparation of a house for staging. Here are some tips as to why it is important and how it can assist in achieving a better deal on a house when it is being sold
Benefits of Smartening up a House for Staging
At the outset, it’s important not to overcapitalise the short-term improvements you are going to make for staging. However, many innovative ways don’t cost a lot of money to smarten up a house for resale.
- Technological improvements in the form of smart technology can result in greater perceived value and a higher price being paid. These are to be found in security system upgrades, lighting, and remote accessories.
- Clearing space to have a clean, uncluttered look makes way for an opportunity to refresh the interior of the house. A coat of paint does wonders for the look of the walls and the ceiling. Use neutral colours that provide a bright fresh opportunity for the prospective buyer, an opportunity to imagine themselves living there.
- Decluttering will entail removing personal effects and all the items that don’t add value and are just filling up space unnecessarily. This will allow the buyer to imagine what the interior will look like with their furniture and the effects on the space available.
The Benefits of Having Self Storage on Hand
When thinking of selling a house, the preparation is crucial. While this may take a bit of time, the first thing to do is to find a self storage facility nearby. Self storage allows homeowners the opportunity to temporarily store many of the possessions that they don’t wish to show when home staging. These include the following:
- Furniture pieces and décor that don’t match up to the bright look that you want to achieve can be relocated to s a self storage unit. Some sellers go to the trouble of renting staging furniture that will give the desired effect when home staging.
- Self storage is very useful when doing a home improvement involving a renovation. In this case, all possessions that could be damaged or spoilt when building operations are underway can be moved out of the way and safely stored in a self storage unit.
- As staging and showing of a house involves a steady flow of visitors to the house, some homeowners may choose to move out completely during that period. Self storage offers a great opportunity to safely store a range of possessions while this is underway. It also means that the house can be kept clean and ready for showing at any time.
- As most of us have seasonally used items like Christmas decorations, sports equipment, or outdoor furniture, it is useful to be able to store them somewhere when they are not in use. Self storage is the ideal solution to this problem, and all these items can be securely stored until they are needed.
- A tangible benefit of self storage is security. A good self storage facility will offer top-notch security features that are designed to guarantee safety measures are in place when your goods are stored in a self storage unit.
- A further big benefit is the convenience of having self storage nearby. In addition to this, self storage facilities offer easy access, making the process of loading and offloading, or retrieving anything that may be needed during home staging.
Good pre-storage preparation, careful packing, and judicious use of the space all make for a successful storage experience when using self storage when home staging.
Some Tips for Making Your Home Look More Appealing
It’s not a bad idea to get some advice from an interior decorator or your real estate agent when preparing for home staging. To give you some idea of ways to make the house look more appealing, here are some useful tips:
- Furniture arrangements that provide adequate space and good access and flow are attractive to the eye.
- The addition of colour in the form of artwork, rugs, and pillows creates warmth and appeal for would-be buyers.
- Pay special attention to lighting and ensure that the house is well-lit, making strategic use of artificial and natural light. This also gives the impression of space, rather than looking dark and dingy.
- Individual rooms can be brightened up significantly, but the key thing here is to make sure that rooms like the bathroom and kitchen are clean and free of any unnecessary clutter. Bathrooms work well with scented candles and clean towels.
- Bedrooms should be warm and cozy with a peaceful feel to them. This can be achieved through the softness of bedding and the addition of extra pillows.
- The garden is just as important, and buyers look for well-manicured and easy-to-maintain outside areas where they can envisage themselves to be relaxing.
Let Self Storage Release your Inner Creativity
There is nothing worse than working in a cramped space when you are trying to make your house appealing to a buyer. The answer lies in self storage. It is the ideal way to securely remove every item that is not in your home staging plan and to be able to safely store them out of the way in a self storage unit.
If you are in the Liverpool, Darlington, or Peterborough areas, Quick Self Storage is ready to assist.
For further information and assistance about our storage units in Peterborough, please contact us on 01733 834183 or visit Self Storage Peterborough
For further information and assistance about our storage units in Darlington please contact us on 01325 489562 or visit Self Storage Darlington
For further information and assistance about our storage units in Liverpool please contact us on 0151 8324000 or visit Self Storage Liverpool
Read some of our reviews to see what our customer have to say.