The Prime Minister has announced a national lockdown in England that is being largely replicated in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Although this will have some impact on self-storage businesses, stores can remain open for use by essential services, those businesses that remain open and those individuals permitted to travel under government advice. This includes key workers, online retailers, construction and trade workers, house moves and many other potential users of self storage.
The government guidance specifically states that storage and distribution services can remain open and staff can travel to work where it is not possible to work from home.
This is very similar to the March lockdown and customers should act accordingly. We remain open under the following conditions:
- The store remains open, it is only for essential services and people that are allowed to travel under the government guidance.
- The team will be available on the phone, email or onsite. We will be operating using a mixture of being on site and working remotely. (You can still speak to us face to face via the touch screen on the reception desk. Please call ahead and book and appointment if you specifically need us on site for anything to clarify that we will be or can arrange to be onsite).
- Operating hours will remain unchanged.
- The reception area will remain locked when the staff are working on site & customers will only be allowed to access on an appointment only basis and socially distanced.
- If staff need to be in the store, we will limit their contact with customers and other people as much as possible. If we are required to interact, please maintain a minimum of 2 metres separation, use face coverings. Ensure the social distancing and protection systems put in place over the past months are used.
- Retail sales of packaging products and other merchandise will be available for existing storage customers and people who are permitted to travel, not for the general public.
- Remain vigilant with your health and hygiene program, i.e. do not attend if you or anyone you live with feel unwell and have any symptoms of COVID-19. When onsite use hand gel, NHS QR code scanner & Face masks at all times.
Once again, we thank you for your business and support during these very strange times. We hope you stay safe & healthy.
Quick Self Storage Team